May 1st, 2007



I'm an immigrant. I came to the US eleven years ago on a greencard I received through the Green Card Lottery. For those qualified, it is probably the easiest way to enter the US legally and work.

H1B visas are another good way to move to the US, but they have restrictions and bureaucracy, and don't last forever.

If you are an unskilled laborer, there are no good options. Despite the demand for such labor, the system is messed up and such workers are treated like criminals. Read more about it on Reason.