Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry


The fence between my in-law apartment and the neighboring apartments was blown down in the big storm we had a few weeks ago. The landlord next-door wants to put up a chain-link fence, where there used to be a wood fence without gaps. I liked the old fence, decrepit as it was, and would like a new wood fence in its place. Thankfully my own landlord asked me my opinion and will see what he can do, but I wonder if there is anything I can do? I imagine I should have some say in the replacement of a fence that borders my entrance and provides me with privacy from my neighbors.


( 4 comments — Leave a comment )
Jan. 30th, 2008 12:39 am (UTC)
what's an in-law apartment?
Jan. 30th, 2008 12:45 am (UTC)
An apartment that has been added on to a house or building. In my case I live in a basement that has been converted into an apartment.
Jan. 30th, 2008 12:49 am (UTC)
Can't your landlord build whatever kind of fence they want, on their side of the line? You could probably offer to build it yourself, if he's worried about costs.
Jan. 30th, 2008 12:55 am (UTC)
He could, but landlords are not known for spending extra money if they don't have to. I did offer to contribute towards the cost of building a wooden fence, if cost is an issue.
( 4 comments — Leave a comment )